Happy National Corn Chip Day!
Today, I’ll be doing the “10 Things that Make Me Happy” tag. 😀 This awesome tag was made by Mya, and I was tagged by the amazing Megan and the wonderful Madi (go check out her epic new blog NOW)! Thank you so much, guys! ❤ ❤ Let’s get started! 😀
1. Pen Pals
Having pen pals is the best thing ever. I’ve made so many amazing friends through writing letters, and there is nothing quite like opening the mailbox to find a letter waiting for you. 🙂 Thanks to the amount of letters my family sends, we’ve become friends with our mail carrier, which has been so neat! 😀
Singing is my all-time favorite thing to do. I could literally play the ukulele and sing for hours and hours. Every time I do it, I love it more. 🙂 It’s awesome to have something that I love that I can work on and improve! Here are a few songs I am learning right now. 😀
Traveling Soldier – The Dixie Chicks
Sleep on the Floor – The Lumineers
I Fall to Pieces – Patsy Cline
3. The Grand Ole Opry
The Grand Ole Opry is a radio & live show that started as an insurance company in 1925. Eventually, it became a live bluegrass/country music show, and today you can see or listen to it live. There is nothing like the Grand Ole Opry for any other genre of music. It’s the show that made country music famous, and it has shows every Friday and Saturday night with upcoming artists, country music legends, and much more. It used to be held in the Ryman auditorium (aka the “mother church” of country music) in Nashville TN, but it has since moved to the Opry House, which is also in Nashville. I try to listen to it every time it’s on the radio, and it never disappoints. 🙂
4. Keeper of the Lost Cities
If you’ve never read these books, prepare to be sucked in to another universe for the next year! If you have read these books, then you can take a moment to appreciate their epicness. I have never read a book series that took up so much of my mental space or made me feel like I was really there in the story. It is truly an incredible experience. Here is a link to the website so you can check out Shannon Messenger’s books!
Ah, yes. My fluffy love. XD Calvin the cow is the most epic cow of all the cows. He lets you hug him, he licks you, he has a fluffy head, and he has a red ball that he likes to roll around. So, yeah, he’s amazing. He even has his own Instagram!
I guess singing and the Grand Ole Opry are kind of in this category, but here I’m mainly talking about music that I listen to. There is nothing quite like listening to a song that makes you feel like you want to go conquer the world or a song that makes you feel a kind of sadness you have never felt before. I’ve never found quite the right words to describe music, but maybe one day I will!
If you know me at all, you probably knew this one would make it on the list. XD Candy is such an amazing thing! Especially giant candy! And fruity candy, caramel candy, chocolate candy… SO. MANY. KINDS. OF. CANDY! 😀 *squeals* I just love candy. XD
Traveling is so much fun (most of the time)! It’s always such an adventure. From airport employees telling you their entire life story (in great detail) to people thinking you’re robbing a candy store, there is always something interesting happening. I’ve made a TON of memories traveling with my family, and I hope to make even more in the future!
9. Best Friends
Best friends are super awesome! They give you memories that you can look back on for your entire life, they prevent you from wasting your money on giant rubber duck masks (I still regret not buying that), they make stuffed animal album covers with you, and they help create inside jokes that would make anyone else think you were definitely crazy. Ah, good times. 🙂 XD And, of course, my siblings are my best friends (when they are in a good mood O.o)!
Fall is awesome for so many reasons! My birthday is in fall, and who doesn’t love their birthday? The leaves are beautiful, the temperature is perfect for doing anything outside, I can wear sweatshirts and hoodies non-stop, and I can drink tea and hot chocolate! It’s also the beginning of a bunch of great holidays. 🙂
10 people who make me happy:
- Megan is the best pen pal anyone could ask for. 🙂 She has been my friend for years now, and never fails to make me laugh when I message her. She is an awesome photographer and blogger. I am so thankful I met her and that we are friends! 🙂
- Allison is Megan’s sister, and she is such a sweet person and friend! I never fail to be amazed every time she shares a new blog post. From photography to art to writing, it all blows my mind every. single. time. ❤
- Madi is the most epic ninja and world dominator I have ever met. I have sent more crying laughing faces on chats with her than with anyone else. XD She is an incredible writer, blogger, and friend. 🙂 I am so thankful to know her. ❤
- Hannah is the most kind, hardworking person ever! Every single blog post she does is beautifully well done, and every letter or email she sends always makes me happy. I am super thankful to have her as a friend. 🙂
- Miranda is a wonderful pen pal, blogger, and friend! Her writing is incredible, and she is such an amazing artist! ❤ I am so happy we are friends! 😀
- Liz is my amazing pen pal and friend! ❤ She runs a beautiful blog and her letters always put a smile on my face. 🙂
- Audrey has the prettiest blog EVER. ❤ Her posts always make me laugh, and she is an amazing pen pal and friend! I am so thankful to know her! 🙂
- My best friend who shall go unnamed is the best best friend anyone could ask for. I’m not sure how much personal info she wants me to share, so I’ll just say that she is awesome. 🙂
- Averey is a wonderful pen pal who just recently started blogging! I always enjoy her posts, and I am so thankful to know her!
- Clara is, well…. my sister. Alas, I would trade her in for a giant lollipop if I could. 😀 Juuusst kidding! Hehe! *prepares to be chased through the house when she read this* No, but seriously, I am thankful for Clara! She proofreads my blog posts so that y’all don’t have to see the random commas I throw in just for fun, or the capital letters I choose to add whenever I feel like it! 😀 Using bad grammar is such a struggle, but I do it all for Clara. ❤ (*ahem* note from Clara who’s proofreading this like the kind sister that I am: THANKS A LOT, KID. Your sincerity is truly heartwarming.)
- You! 🙂 If you’re reading this post, that means that you follow my blog, and your support make me very happy. 😀 ❤
Thank you so much for reading, and have an amazing day. 🙂
Do you enjoy tag posts? What is the weirdest travel adventure you’ve ever had?